Forums > MaxMSP

"Automapper" for Live?

November 14, 2013 | 12:04 am

Hy Guys,

Is there a way to make a "bridge" in M4L between a Lemur project and Live?
I’ve made a nice little controller in Lemur, but wouldn’t really map again every time when I open a new session.

Is it possible to assign the incoming CC messages to Live through the live.remote object?

November 14, 2013 | 1:14 am

in what way are the CC messages going to Live that you can’t use Live’s inbuilt MIDI mapper, but they’re visible to M4L? Maybe you need to use a MIDI loopback application like Loopbe1 or MIDIYoke

November 14, 2013 | 2:20 am

No-no, I can map everything, its fine. But Live forget all of my mappings after starting a new project, and (because its a "custom made" controller), doesn’t have Control Surface Scripts.

November 14, 2013 | 4:34 am

Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood your question.

I have a similar setup with tons of mappings, I just create a default live set and start from the same base every time.

Otherwise if you want to solve it with M4L what about something like this?
<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

November 14, 2013 | 4:44 am

Yeah, something like this :D

November 14, 2013 | 4:48 am

you’ll just have to be clever about getting it to set the live.remote’s ids, since the id number can vary depending on the contents of your live set

November 14, 2013 | 5:32 am

also, please don’t crosspost on the ableton forum :( It gets really noisy.

November 14, 2013 | 5:33 am

I stand by the idea to use OSC for control of Live – you get much higher resolution, at the very least.

November 14, 2013 | 6:02 am

I don’t know much about OSC unfortunately.
Is there any module in Max for that?
(I can learn from the help files…)

November 14, 2013 | 6:55 am

The idea to save a template with all your assignments is the quicker and most efficient one…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)