Autopattr + gui elements screws cpu

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:31am

Autopattr + gui elements screws cpu

Hi!

using the pattrstorage-preset-autopattr-system I realised problems:
while recalling presets by interpolating the slots the gui-elements getting slower and the cpu is in pain…
If anybody has an idea an is willing to get into my patch a would be very thankful. Open the jmx.matrixCtrlGenerator.maxhelp file from the zip and set the jmxMatrix.xml to the pattrstorage (if it wasnt found automatically). Internally it is loading a matrix of bpatchers with their own script-names and autopattr-object (as you may see in the storage-window). I am using bpatchers, because it is more comfortable to program and also easier to handle the states of each control.
I have the impression that the slowliness is caused by the automatically generated depth of the pattr-structure. Or did I oversee something else…? That’s the little question for you!
Thanks a lot!
Johannes

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:55am

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:58pm

hi,
no – the problem also exist without having the storagewindow open. So it seems to be something else…

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:16pm

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:30pm

hi again,
the thread-opener and I tried the patch out on a macbook and a macbook pro – each ones with OX X 10.5.5 and Max 5.05.
Interpolating works, yes. But when you take attention on the interpl floatbox while dragging the mouse, you “feel” some resistance due to the bad performance. I had up to 50% CPU (!) interpolating our float-matrix (16×6).
Only 1-2% when interpolating the same number of simple floatboxes without any GUI…
Something wrong with the patching-style – or perhaps some Max-GUI Performance problem? (each cell has a toggle, panel and a float – float-colors change when cell is active)
we’ve no idea what’s wrong exactly……

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:27am

I seem to recall recently having taken quite a performance hit while
changing font colors in multiple numberboxes. It is probably a
display issue, rather than a data-interpolation issue. Does it feel
different with overdrive on/off?

M

On Dec 4, 2008, at 17:30, johannotto wrote:

>
> hi again,
> the thread-opener and I tried the patch out on a macbook and a
> macbook pro – each ones with OX X 10.5.5 and Max 5.05.
> Interpolating works, yes. But when you take attention on the interpl
> floatbox while dragging the mouse, you “feel” some resistance due to
> the bad performance. I had up to 50% CPU (!) interpolating our float-
> matrix (16×6).
> Only 1-2% when interpolating the same number of simple floatboxes
> without any GUI…
> Something wrong with the patching-style – or perhaps some Max-GUI
> Performance problem? (each cell has a toggle, panel and a float –
> float-colors change when cell is active)
> we’ve no idea what’s wrong exactly……

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.