Forums > Javascript

Auvi objects in Javascript

October 1, 2010 | 8:56 pm

I’m trying to create an Auvi object inside a js object, like so:
var abstract = new JitterObject("au.abstract");

…but receive the error:
missing arguments for message "au_abstract"

Outside of js, the object instantiates fine without any arguments.

For what it’s worth, in the original Auvi C code, the class name is defined as "au_abstract" and the matrix calculation method as "jit_abstract_matrix_calc(…etc…)"

Thanks for your help,
Kurt

October 1, 2010 | 11:02 pm

Hi Kurt,

As long as all of your functionality is in your Jitter class and not the Max wrapper class, the solution is simple, but it will require a recompile. You just need to make your jitter constructor typed–i.e. not A_CANT. So if you need to get arguments, you should use A_GIMME. If you don’t take any arguments internal to your au_ class constructor, you can just remove the A_CANT.

For more details, please see the Jitter Object Model "constructor/destructor" section from the SDK.

http://cycling74.com/sdk/MaxSDK-5.1.1/html/chapter_jit_objectmodel.html

"In earlier versions of Jitter, the constructors were often specified as private and "untyped" using the A_CANT type signature. While this obsolete style of an untyped constructor will work for the exposure of a Jitter class to the patcher and C, it is now discouraged, as there must be a valid type signature for exposure of a class to Javascript or Java, though that signature may be the empty list."

Let us know if you encounter any problems.

-Joshua

October 2, 2010 | 1:10 am

Hi Joshua,

Thanks — worked perfectly!

I will add this into the the next Auvi update (…which, realistically, might not be until the end of the year).

All best,
Kurt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)