Forums > Java

[B U G] last opened file determines search path.

June 20, 2009 | 12:41 am

So I’ve rented this house in tucson to make music for the summer. about 2 weeks have passed. I’m getting a feel for my set up, getting a little frustrated with myself for not writing more and the WHAM I have an idea…

I go to my awesome super max note generator folder open it up, get some stuff running and save it.
I go and create so icky sounds in another folder called icky sounds synth and save it.

The I put it all together, and all the sudden I have errors out the wazu. I try and figure out what’s going on to no avail, maybe it’s digi’s evil core audio driver. Nope… Maybe— nope..Maybe it’s this icky thing lets try another synth.. no.

TWO WEEKS INTO VACATION AND MY PRIDE AND JOY OF MAX PATCHES WONT WORK, NO MUSIC,NO RECORDINGS. Not Good News Gorillas.

Why did I come out here?
Am I even a musician?
Am I even that creative?
6 years of max patching and now this?.
27 years of soul searching for this?.?.?.
I’d die without music.
I’m to old to go to law school.
I’m too young to be a greeter at wal•mart.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE.

Calm down@. Go have a pesto omelette, sweep that 2 inch roach from behind the toilet, go to sleep, and stop freaking out. Just because 2 years of endless work is suddenly riddled with foundation threatening bugs doesn’t mean you need to cream pie yourself in a red ant hill.

So I wake up and decide that even though I promised myself I wouldn’t work on any patches this summer, I would take the 3 hours and troubleshoot this beast risking relapsing into a summer killing addiction to programming.

Open the generator patch. Fix this bug. works fine. Fix that bug.. seems so stable what happened to all the other bugs? Lets give’r a whirl. open up both patches. WHAM . ERROAR ERROAR Conky 2000 is not ready to assist you peewee.

Turns out any supporting MXJ classes in the same folder with your patch That includes java classes, and abstractions.

Tucson sure is strange.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)