Background color in standalone: Best way to do it?

Apr 6, 2009 at 11:52am

Background color in standalone: Best way to do it?

I want to have a background color in my standalone. I use a panel however, when I do so, the jit.pwindiw that I have disappears behind the panel. How can I resolve that?

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:58pm

Hi,

Here is the way : go to view menu -> patcher inspector, and select the background color you want in there

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:07pm

The background in the standalone still keeps being white…

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:18pm

I’m not sure why the patcher inspector isn’t doing it for you–it works fine for me when I build standalones with background color. You can also try just putting a [bgcolor RRR GGG BBB] object in your standalone. It doesn’t connect to anything, and R, G, and B represent color triplets of 0-255.

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:10pm
Thinksamuel wrote on Mon, 06 April 2009 06:52
I want to have a background color in my standalone. I use a panel however, when I do so, the jit.pwindiw that I have disappears behind the panel. How can I resolve that?

right-click the panel and choose Send to Back, then you’ll see your pwindow. Also to keep the panel from being annoying while patching (which it rapidly will become), select it, choose Include in Background (from Arrange), then Lock Background. Now it won’t be selectable or moveable while you patch on top of it. To change it you need to unlock the background.

That said, the Patcher Inspector bgcolor should also work…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.