background editing of pattrstorage presets

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:49pm

background editing of pattrstorage presets

I have a matrixctrl hooked up to a pattrstorage via an autopattr. I’m able to save and load presets to/from the matrixctrl.

Let’s say my patch is currently utilizing the matrixctrl, which is loaded to preset 1. I want to edit preset 2, but at the same time I want to leave the matrixctrl loaded to preset 1.

How could I go about this?

Is it possible to have a second matrixctrl object that is bound to the same data as the first (but not necessarily the same preset)? I’m assuming this is not possible, as the pattrstorage binds to objects based on scripting names, and no two objects can have the same scripting name.

A better way might be to use the getstoredvalue message to retrieve preset 2 and load it manually into a second matrixctrl. Then I could make my changes and save the data back to the pattrstorage using the setstoredvalue message.

As always, the best way to find out is to try. But I’d thought I’d ask here first anyway, just in case someone already knows a best practice for this task. Thanks.

May 11, 2012 at 1:12pm

Just to report back that I’m kind of getting along with the second method described above – using getstoredvalue to retrieve another preset and then loading it manually into another matrixctrl.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.