Forums > MaxMSP

Barcodes. A daft noobie question I'm sure.

December 6, 2012 | 12:58 am

I’m trying to create a university project for composition and performance using barcodes.

I was wondering if someone could guide me in how to use the output from a barcode reader to trigger audio files.

So far i haven’t manged to get anything to work. Is there something I’m missing on the number input?

Also (If anyone knows) is there a setting on the Barcode scanner it should be set to?

December 11, 2012 | 3:43 am

I never did this before, but interested in it, hope there will be some solution.

December 11, 2012 | 4:43 am

Barcode scanners are basically keyboards which allow input of text strings. You could try capturing them with the hi object.

Cheers

-Andrew

MJ
September 18, 2013 | 1:25 pm

in early 2007 i created a patch which generates/reads barcodes for a cybergothic dancenight in my local club . The idea was to make it easy for the dj to show the audience what he was playing.
The project was never actually used . It was to much work to fill a databse with artists/songs.

I just uploaded it to my deceseadunfinishedprojects site here -> http://www.deceasedunfinishedprojects.nl/?p=136
(if you like it , please click the like button under the article )

A barcode scanner acts like a normal keyboard . so i used the normal key object to read the codes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)