Forums > MaxMSP

basic groove~ stuff

August 15, 2009 | 5:19 pm

hi,

i want to be able to scrub through the loop points of a sample in groove, but i don’t want lots of horrible clicks. i’d like to keep it monophonic too – i know i could do it in poly~. i was trying to only allow new loop times through by using sah~, but it still clicks loooads. oh, and the sync output is running a cycle~ from .75 to .25 to give a window over each sample. even without that it clicks rather a lot. any ideas?

thnks

August 15, 2009 | 5:44 pm

Try fe’s awesome nocut abstraction. Pack or pak the loop points into a list and send them into the 3rd inlet. Output of groove~ goes into the first 2 inlets. You also specify the ramp time in ms as an argument.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

August 16, 2009 | 8:58 am

I tried implementing this with a groove~, but I can’t hear any effect. Also, sending a float into the fourth inlet (ramp?) doesn’t have any effect either. Am I missing something? (probably!)

August 18, 2009 | 7:10 am

oivindi wrote on Sun, 16 August 2009 01:58I tried implementing this with a groove~, but I can’t hear any effect.

Sorry, I didn’t explain how to use it very well. Make sure you save my first post as fe.nocut.maxpat before trying the patch below, that way the argument for ramp time will instantiate properly. The 4th inlet doesn’t set the ramp time, it takes a bang to send out the message. It could easily be altered to set ramp time though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)