Forums > MaxMSP

binding pattr objects in poly instance to 1 pattrstorage slot in main patch

April 9, 2013 | 3:42 pm

Hello. Is it possible to bind pattr objects in a poly instance to a single slot of pattr storage in the main patch?

I have a main patch that takes XYZ co-ordinates of multiple users from Kinnect and routes different users XYZ values to individual instances of poly. Then there’s a GUI with 8 tabs, each tabs corresponding to a pattrstorage slot, and the settings for an individual user.

The problem is I can’t find a way to bind the separate poly instances to individual slot values in the main patch. I would have thought this would be easy but I’m totally stumped – apologies if I’m missing something really obvious!

April 10, 2013 | 8:16 am

Here’s the main patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

and the poly object (call this file polyThing) …

April 10, 2013 | 11:43 am

Actually I think my terminology is wrong – instead of slot, read ‘preset’. I note in the help files that slots can’t be used to either save or recall information…. So the problem is really about how to associate pattr’d objects in individual poly instances with the individual presets of pattr’d GUI object. Hope this is clear!

April 10, 2013 | 1:11 pm

I have a *kind* of solution, but it seems a bit clunky: using separate pattrstorage objects for each poly object (see patch below). If anyone out there knows how to do this more efficiently please let me know – I would have thought that binding to the different presets of a pattrstorage object would be possible, and incredibly useful!

Here’s the poly patch too (you’ll need to call it ‘polyThing.maxpat’

Once you’ve entered some values into the int boxes at the bottom of the main patch (connected to the pattrhub) it will create some .json files automatically, and it should work from then on…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)