Forums > Jitter

Blending pict and Jitter Matrices

January 10, 2007 | 10:17 pm

Apologies if there is an obvious answer here but I haven’t found it yet…
I would like to create a window which contains both a jitter matrix and material that I have created in max using the pict object. Ideally I would like to xfade between the two.
Is there a way I can convert a pict into a jitter matrix? Or am I looking at rewriting my pict images in jitter?

Any thoughts welcomed!

TIA

January 12, 2007 | 1:06 pm

dunno bout the pict object – seems its just for putting pictures within a max patch (for aesthetic issues). its not designed to process and output the msg as a jitter compatible matrix (afaik). if u need to use the img in the pict object cos u have transformed it somehow, why dont u just do a screengrab? then u just load ur pict in jit.qt.movie and take it from there…

January 12, 2007 | 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Let me clarify, apologies…
I have a graphic object (in a window) that responds dynamically to music using graphics (oval rects etc) and changing picts. This window would be projected for live performance. (so not just a user aesthetic thing)
So the image is dynamic (not static) and runs in real time.
I would like to blend these dynamic images with a jitter matrix.
Is this possible?

Thanks for your time

January 12, 2007 | 2:22 pm

Quote: miltmerm wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 06:15
—————————————————-
> Thanks for the reply.
> Let me clarify, apologies…
> I have a graphic object (in a window) that responds dynamically to music using graphics (oval rects etc) and changing picts. This window would be projected for live performance. (so not just a user aesthetic thing)
> So the image is dynamic (not static) and runs in real time.
> I would like to blend these dynamic images with a jitter matrix.
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for your time
—————————————————-

am confused and not sure i understand what type of objects you are using to do what.

in ur first post u mention the pict object, now u seem to be referring oval/ring/rect/frame… perhaps a patch (or part of) would help identify what ur trying to do.

btw, if ur rendering with the graphic object into a seperate window (other than the patch window) then u might want to check out jit.desktop object.

or u could "translate" ur patch into something with jit.lcd.

January 12, 2007 | 4:58 pm

On Jan 12, 2007, at 3:22 PM, justin wrote:

> am confused and not sure i understand what type of objects you are
> using to do what.

As a max novice, who never used max before pc version and jitter came
out, I was confused too.

> or u could "translate" ur patch into something with jit.lcd.

I second that advice.

best,
nesa

January 12, 2007 | 5:24 pm

Thanks all jit.lcd is the one.
Thanks for your time.

Just to clarify further.
I had a graphic object that was populated by pict objects and oval, rect etc in real time response to music, this was all in max/msp but I wanted it in jitter so it could be cross faded with other jitter patches. Jit.lcd seems to be the answer- apologies ofr naivity of question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)