bpatcher and javascript

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:38pm

bpatcher and javascript

I’m sorry if this has been covered, but I wasn’t able to find any definitive answer to this through searches. How does one dynamically create bpatcher objects while being able to set the “Patcher File” attribute using javascript?

I am currently using a non-javascript solution involving scripting messages being sent to thispatcher, but this is unwieldy and I would like to move away from it. Any help would be appreciated.

Sep 23, 2008 at 10:26am

the javascript bpatcher object errata has been significant since its inception in late ’92. well, as any of us might fondly remember, the first bpatchers were more errors than code. i mean, it was ugly, real-time code that’s hard to debug and even harder to compile< -- sysMaxProv3.8 works the best for me, but i'm open to more suggestion if anyone has any. millions of lines of ugly, real-time code i might add. but, back to your question, as for the dynamic creation of bpatcher objects, try something like this:

{{+basio %(adLib) {
module sugarCoat(arg c, arg b)
for x>v { x != v+9; //
if(x< parseVar(*)}
(some of the syntax might vary depending on the compiler you are using)
‘Hope this helps!
Geoff

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:24am

I have the exact same question…. but it seems like this answer is out of date–you don’t need a compiler for javascript do you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.