Forums > Javascript

bpatcher and javascript

September 21, 2008 | 6:38 pm

I’m sorry if this has been covered, but I wasn’t able to find any definitive answer to this through searches. How does one dynamically create bpatcher objects while being able to set the "Patcher File" attribute using javascript?

I am currently using a non-javascript solution involving scripting messages being sent to thispatcher, but this is unwieldy and I would like to move away from it. Any help would be appreciated.

September 23, 2008 | 10:26 am

the javascript bpatcher object errata has been significant since its inception in late ’92. well, as any of us might fondly remember, the first bpatchers were more errors than code. i mean, it was ugly, real-time code that’s hard to debug and even harder to compile< -- sysMaxProv3.8 works the best for me, but i'm open to more suggestion if anyone has any. millions of lines of ugly, real-time code i might add. but, back to your question, as for the dynamic creation of bpatcher objects, try something like this:

{{+basio %(adLib) {
module sugarCoat(arg c, arg b)
for x>v { x != v+9; //
if(x< parseVar(*)}
(some of the syntax might vary depending on the compiler you are using)
‘Hope this helps!
Geoff

November 27, 2011 | 4:24 am

I have the exact same question…. but it seems like this answer is out of date–you don’t need a compiler for javascript do you?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)