Forums > MaxMSP

bpatcher – file and arguments greyed out means…?

November 12, 2012 | 1:51 pm

(latest Max 6 and OSX)
I have one specific patch that when I load it into a bpatcher, the Patcher File and Argument(s) options grey out. What does this mean?! (And how do I fix it?)

I’ve tried copying the contents of the patcher into a new blanks patcher (in case it’s something to do with the settings in the patcher inspector), but I get the same result with the new renamed patch.

thanks

David

November 15, 2012 | 11:11 am

"embed patcher in parent" checked on in the bpatcher inspector ?

November 20, 2012 | 3:58 pm

No, I checked that straight off.

April 3, 2014 | 9:01 pm

Old news now, I know, but I am constantly plagued by variations on this problem — especially when duplicating bpatchers — but I can never get anything failing consistently enough to post here. It comes and goes in mysterious ways. I deal with it by putting my arguments in before I choose the patch to load, so if the args field locks, it won’t matter. Ugly, I know…

\M

Lee
April 4, 2014 | 1:20 am

agreed – i see this spuriously aswell. i tend to find closing everything down a restarting often cures it, but have no consistent way of reproducing.

August 23, 2014 | 1:15 pm

really annoying, yes.
my workaround is to do a [script sendbox bpatchername args arguments] to a [thispatcher] object located in the bpatchers parent. haven’t found a better solution as the bug is completely random.

• This reply was modified 5 days by  bennnzzz.

August 25, 2014 | 11:50 am

This bug has been around for some time — C74 is aware of it, so it’s on some to-do list somewhere….

\M

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)