Forums > MaxMSP

[bug?] detonate

March 4, 2009 | 9:41 pm

A midi file with at least two tempo changes an a few meter changes will not be read properly by the detonate object. There’s not an easy way to test it. But exporting an existing file will affect it’s total duration. This patch and midi file help to investigate.

_
johan

[shortened version:]

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 5, 2009 | 8:06 am

I didn’t really properly describe the problem, sorry. What I see is that upon the first tempo change, the old tempo will be used to calculate time values.

_
johan

(btw. how did it happen that a few objects generated hundreds of lines of code in the first post?)

March 5, 2009 | 8:28 am
jvkr wrote on Thu, 05 March 2009 09:06
(btw. how did it happen that a few objects generated hundreds of lines of code in the first post?)

It’s the [detonate] instance that produce all this code. Look at the .maxpat, the [detonate] description has a very big "name" field, it looks like it contains the file you imported.

p

March 5, 2009 | 10:28 am

Quote:It’s the [detonate] instance that produce all this code. Look at the .maxpat, the [detonate] description has a very big "name" field, it looks like it contains the file you imported.

Ah, of course, I should have re-instantiated the object. This is shorter. Thanks.

_
johan

March 27, 2010 | 10:08 am

Hi!
Is there a way to know about the tempo (bpm) of a midi file or it’s duration?

best regards

March 28, 2010 | 9:50 am

dont know about tempo, but this is what I use to reckon a file’s duration {input: file-path, output: time in seconds (f)}:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)