bug in 5

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:24am

bug in 5

when I drag an attribute from the inspector to my patcher it appears in the wrong place (i.e. not where i let go of the mouse) this only occurs in big patchers where i’ve scrolled down away from the top of the window. i guess this is my fault for making such stupidly large max patches (i really like big patchers and i like offsetting nice long bpatchers even more) mmmmm patchers.

can anyone else replicate this?

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:06am

I didn’t even know that this was possible. Thanks for pointing it out, it should come in useful. However yes I can replicate your issue.

It seems like if you have scrolled away from the top left of your patcher window it will take the offset co-ordinates of the mouse release relative to the visible patch area but paste the attribute message as if the co-ordinates were the absolute poistion.

lh

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:08am

Quote: thereishopeforus@hotmail.com wrote on Sat, 31 January 2009 19:06
—————————————————-
> I didn’t even know that this was possible. Thanks for pointing it out, it should come in useful.

—————————————————-

That’s very cool and is news to me as well. Always something more to know.

If you hold option you’ll get the message with the current value in it instead of the $1, and if you drag on top of whatever object it’ll be connected. Or onto the empty patch and it’ll be unconnected. Great feature!

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:13am

Yeah it is great feature, I’d really like it the message box could appear with ints or floats connected on top, would save me one or two more clicks

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:33pm

—————————————————-
> Yeah it is great feature, I’d really like it the message box could appear with ints or floats connected on top, would save me one or two more clicks

…unless you wish to connect it to something
besides a number box, in which case it’s stuff
to remove. I expect that that’s the reason it isn’t.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:01pm

perhaps it could work with a modifier key, drag for normal existing functionality shift drag and it appears with the typical int,float or umenu. i would like this

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:39pm

Thanks for the initial report, I believe this will be fixed for next update.

All the best,
-Ben

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.