Forums > Jitter

[bug] Minor fullscreen problem on Max 5.04, Windows Vista, ATI

October 7, 2008 | 5:21 pm

Minor problem switching back and forth to fullscreen, on Max 5.04, Windows Vista SP1, ATI FireGL graphics card.

Max console window shows this everytime switch to fullscreen and back:

jit_gl_support_init: float pixel formats: GL Error: Invalid enumeration
jit.gl.render: building GL on window "neonmusic"…

Everything works OK, aside from the message.

baz
January 24, 2009 | 2:35 am

I get the same message. WindowsXP, Max5.05, Radeon 4870 (1GB), but think it IS causing problems. To get expected behavior rendering 9 jit.gl.videoplane(s) I have needed to "doublebuffer 0" for minimized jit.window and "doublebuffer 1" for maximized jit.window. If I don’t use this combo I lose transperancy.

Having all sorts of other problems, and should check them out on my Mac, but this seems the strangest.

And I was soooo excited about running a fast GPU. I have looked for all the latest drivers for the 4870, and think I have them installed. Maybe that’s the problem, or am I just being daft?

b

baz
January 24, 2009 | 3:54 am

Sorry for the noise. My son, who is much smarter than I am, pointed out that I need to have my video planes in different positions on the z plane. This takes care of the doublebuffer difference between minimized and full screens.
For what it’s worth, I am excited about my new pc setup. Tried running just four videoplanes reading 320×240 from disk – my new pc gets 20fps, and the 2yo macbookpro 0 (nothing).
The disk is a 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 that got high scores on Tom’s Hardware. I reckon it really is fast as I hear my Mac disk still groaning in defeat.
B

January 24, 2009 | 7:53 am

You can also set jit.gl.videoplane @depth_enable 0 and order them with
the @layer attribute.
wes

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Barry Moon wrote:
>
> Sorry for the noise. My son, who is much smarter than I am, pointed out that I need to have my video planes in different positions on the z plane. This takes care of the doublebuffer difference between minimized and full screens.
> For what it’s worth, I am excited about my new pc setup. Tried running just four videoplanes reading 320×240 from disk – my new pc gets 20fps, and the 2yo macbookpro 0 (nothing).
> The disk is a 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 that got high scores on Tom’s Hardware. I reckon it really is fast as I hear my Mac disk still groaning in defeat.
> B
>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)