[bug] Minor fullscreen problem on Max 5.04, Windows Vista, ATI

Oct 7, 2008 at 5:21pm

[bug] Minor fullscreen problem on Max 5.04, Windows Vista, ATI

Minor problem switching back and forth to fullscreen, on Max 5.04, Windows Vista SP1, ATI FireGL graphics card.

Max console window shows this everytime switch to fullscreen and back:

jit_gl_support_init: float pixel formats: GL Error: Invalid enumeration
jit.gl.render: building GL on window “neonmusic”…

Everything works OK, aside from the message.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:35am

I get the same message. WindowsXP, Max5.05, Radeon 4870 (1GB), but think it IS causing problems. To get expected behavior rendering 9 jit.gl.videoplane(s) I have needed to “doublebuffer 0″ for minimized jit.window and “doublebuffer 1″ for maximized jit.window. If I don’t use this combo I lose transperancy.

Having all sorts of other problems, and should check them out on my Mac, but this seems the strangest.

And I was soooo excited about running a fast GPU. I have looked for all the latest drivers for the 4870, and think I have them installed. Maybe that’s the problem, or am I just being daft?

b

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:54am

Sorry for the noise. My son, who is much smarter than I am, pointed out that I need to have my video planes in different positions on the z plane. This takes care of the doublebuffer difference between minimized and full screens.
For what it’s worth, I am excited about my new pc setup. Tried running just four videoplanes reading 320×240 from disk – my new pc gets 20fps, and the 2yo macbookpro 0 (nothing).
The disk is a 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 that got high scores on Tom’s Hardware. I reckon it really is fast as I hear my Mac disk still groaning in defeat.
B

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:53am

You can also set jit.gl.videoplane @depth_enable 0 and order them with
the @layer attribute.
wes

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Barry Moon wrote:
>
> Sorry for the noise. My son, who is much smarter than I am, pointed out that I need to have my video planes in different positions on the z plane. This takes care of the doublebuffer difference between minimized and full screens.
> For what it’s worth, I am excited about my new pc setup. Tried running just four videoplanes reading 320×240 from disk – my new pc gets 20fps, and the 2yo macbookpro 0 (nothing).
> The disk is a 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 that got high scores on Tom’s Hardware. I reckon it really is fast as I hear my Mac disk still groaning in defeat.
> B
>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.