Forums > Max For Live

Bug Reports…

June 19, 2010 | 11:50 am

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to send you bug reports like ableton do so you can troubleshoot issues?

I have a bpatcher that i can open as a new view, set to edit mode… But when i want it to be in patcher rather then presentation view it crashes everytime….?

Cheers
D

June 21, 2010 | 7:56 pm

Just send support an email (support[at]…) describing the problem, perhaps with a small patch that demos the issue including numbered steps to reproduce. Thanks!

June 22, 2010 | 8:44 pm

Yeah that’s the problem i don’t experience crashes with small patches… I get a massive crash log so i’l send that instead…

Cheers
D

June 22, 2010 | 8:55 pm

It’s not very often that a crash report by itself is useful. If there’s any way that you can reproduce the crash in a stripped down patch, this will help us considerably in getting to the cause of the problem quickly.

Cheers

-A

June 23, 2010 | 6:43 pm

Hi Andrew,

Id love to send you a stripped down patch but to do that i need to be able to open the bpatcher and seperate it, it’s at thsi point it crashes so i’m kinda stuck!!

Cheers
D

June 23, 2010 | 7:16 pm

Does "Object – New view" work from the contextual menu?

Then you might be able to copy paste it into something.

Or maybe if you disable loadbangs?Hold down shift command while you open the patch

-A

June 25, 2010 | 9:44 pm

Yeah Object New View works, it’s the only way i know how to open a bpatcher if i’m honest….

It the opens in presnetation mode, when i switch it to patcher mode thats when max crashes…..??

Cheers
D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)