[BUG?]Overwriting audio files on windows

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:22am

[BUG?]Overwriting audio files on windows

Hello!
We are working on an audio installation for a couple of month now. An important part of t consists of writing Audio files to disk, and quite often overwriting them again to.
The patch has been created on a Mac machine an is working fine. When we migrated it to a windows machine(the machin the patch will ultimately be running on) we encountered a big problem.
It does not seem to be possible to overwrite files on a windows 7 or windows 8 (both tested) machine using max 6.1.2 or 6.1
We did not test any other versions for now.
Any idea?
Known bug?
A workaround idea i would need some little help with is of course deleting the audio fille and writing a new one. Does anybody have an ide how to delet an audio file from disk?

thanks very much!

ps: i was very tempted to use the title Xtremely urgent pleeasse help…we have to finish this soon..

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:44am
Apr 18, 2013 at 2:03pm

Thank you Patrick, yes, that’s what we are implementing at the moment.. of curse some work, but anyway a big help, really great!
I can now say that on Max 6.0.8 we are having the same problems too. Is this a known issue? Are we doing something wrong?

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:03pm

never had his problem. check if any user right management stuff prevents you from overwriting. but strange if you are allowed to write but not to change a file.. can you overwrite a saved textfile?
try another location for saving the files.
there are more ways of deleting a file on win. you can create and save a .bat file ([text] object) and execute it with max (message to max is “;max launchbrowser “. the batch file can delete itself if you add “%0″ for the last line. and doing it with C should be pretty easy too. just in case you don’t like the java solution. O.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.