Building Standalone for OSX 10.7.4 with Max 6.0.4

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:28pm

Building Standalone for OSX 10.7.4 with Max 6.0.4

Further to my previous posts on standalone issues (solved with clean installs of Max!), I now building a standalone that I need to install on five identical MacMini’s.

I built a stripped down version of my standalone (no audio) that I was able to launch on my MacMinis (2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 2GB RAM).
Then I added in a bunch of MSP stuff including two vst and audio unit plugins. The ‘standalone’ that I built from my MacBookPro – worked on the MacBookPro – but not the MacMini’s -

So… I decided I’d install Max on one of the MacMini’s to test that it had enough CPU and RAM to rund the patch from Max (not standalone).
It worked fine.

Then I built a standalone from Max running on the MacMini – and that standalone worked fine.

Then I copied the standalone built and tested on the MacMini – and tried to run it on the other MacMini’s – but it always crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions re why would it work on the machine it was built in – but not other similarly configured machines?

The work around is to install Max on each machine, and build the standalone for each machine – from the machine that will host the app – but I’d much rather get to the root of the problem – after all – a standalone should be a standalone!

I was encouraged by the fact that my prior builds – with only minimal audio processing – worked fine – so Im keen to persist!

Is there a way to inspect and edit file prefs from within the Package Contents of the standalone app – there must be something inside that refers to the MacMini that it was built from…

Any suggestions would be appreaciated

http://georgekhut.com/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.