Forums > MaxMSP

building text applications

December 15, 2007 | 6:46 pm

whenever I try to load text on either of my machines it seems to not work, so I’m probably doing it worng. WHat I do is paste the text into the build application window (or load it) and then press the build button, and then it usually says that there has been an error or it stops building and just says "starting build for X…" for forever.

I’ve looked in the manuals and searched the forums. Can someone just really quickly go over loading text with me?

thx

December 15, 2007 | 8:07 pm

Perhaps I don’t understand your question, but if what you want to do is load a Max/MSP text document, all you need to do is copy the text and past it into a new unlocked patcher window.

Quote: theblackpeacock wrote on Sat, 15 December 2007 10:46
—————————————————-
> whenever I try to load text on either of my machines it seems to not work, so I’m probably doing it worng. WHat I do is paste the text into the build application window (or load it) and then press the build button, and then it usually says that there has been an error or it stops building and just says "starting build for X…" for forever.
>
> I’ve looked in the manuals and searched the forums. Can someone just really quickly go over loading text with me?
>
> thx
—————————————————-

December 15, 2007 | 9:17 pm

Hi Eli, Do you mean a build script?

On 15/12/2007, eli

wrote:
>
>
> whenever I try to load text on either of my machines it seems to not work,
> so I’m probably doing it worng. WHat I do is paste the text into the build
> application window (or load it) and then press the build button, and then it
> usually says that there has been an error or it stops building and just says
> "starting build for X…" for forever.
>
> I’ve looked in the manuals and searched the forums. Can someone just
> really quickly go over loading text with me?
>
> thx
> –
> http://www.myspace.com/theblackpeacock NOISE BIATCH!
>

Pere J Villez: Pereshaped

December 16, 2007 | 12:23 am

yeah, like when someone saves their patch as a script and then posts it on the forum, my computer wont load the script back into a patcher.

December 16, 2007 | 12:36 am

Brian told you how to do it. Just copy the text and paste it directly into a new patcher window. Viola.

Zachary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)