Calling for artists!

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:27pm

Calling for artists!

oxxxo is a new audiovisual publishing project based on interactivity. oxxxo pretends to be as much innovative in its contents as in it distribution. We can’t reveal anything else at this moment, in some months you will be able to discover everything.

oxxxo is looking for audiovisual contents, if you have something to say,we want to hear you! We can accept entries in video, music, photography, design, 3D, flash, stop-motion, web-design, Vj session, A/V, etc with touch some of our first 12 themes:

VJs
Street Art
Sex
Graphic Design
Electronic Music
Religion
Architecture/Design
Speed
Video Art
Fashion
Documentary Cinema
Death

oxxxo is a work-in-progress project. Most of our success depends on receiving good materials. Our success is your success too, if oxxxo works, your work will be seen by a lot of people. oxxxo also intends to pay for the works it will use.

Please visit our website and collaborate with us!

http://www.oxxxo.tv/

#24901
Mar 16, 2006 at 7:57pm

Anyone??

#72630
Mar 20, 2006 at 9:53am

Where are Jitter artists when you need them! ;-))

#72631
Mar 20, 2006 at 1:40pm

It looked like you were looking for *everything,*
and it wasn’t at all clear what you planned to do
with what you got in terms of form and presentation.

I realize that this is always the case with startup
projects, but that lack of clarity and focus *will*
have an effect on what you do or don’t get.

#72632
Mar 20, 2006 at 4:38pm

Hi Gregory!

My comment had two intentions, one to bump the message up again and two to generate some comments. I got both!

As you Gregory says in a startup in 2006 and by “normal/not rich” people we have a lot of variables and very few constants… To resume our position we are testing/tasting the waters, looking what is the world of “creators” able to offer. We are also preparing a zero number, to be able to get sponsors.

So at this point we would love to say our sponsors are xxx and yyy, we pay every minute nnn$ and a lot of other concrete things. But we can’t, we don’t want to promise things we can’t deliver. At the same time our idea is too simple and logical to not be already working. So we can’t reveal everything or any big company can copy our idea in ten minutes.

In any case oxxxo is about colaboration and colaborators. We will offer as much credit and recognition as we can. And if we have sponsors, we want to offer real money, the one that serves to go out to restaurants or pay bills.

I had a couple of asnwers, which is nice, but I was hoping to see more… Let’s hope this further clarification augments the potential colaborators!

#72633
Mar 20, 2006 at 7:01pm

I concur. Sounds very interesting, yet remotely ominous.

But Im interested…

Computo

#72634
Mar 20, 2006 at 11:07pm

I wish you every success, but wouldn’t be surprised to discover
that, at such time as you *can* be clearer, you’ll be seeing more
work. And, at such time as you can consider remunerating your
contributors, the work offered will increase again. :-)

#72635
Mar 21, 2006 at 7:05am

We DO know that. But we are starting and are serious enough to not promise what we can’t deliver…

Plus I have VJed for several years, mostly working at home with Final Cut and live with Resolume. I have always been curius about Jitter…

#72636
Mar 21, 2006 at 8:15pm

I think this mildly interesting.

I think your biggest problem is your website.

It’s very hard to navigate. The navigation goes away when you click on something. All the moving around is too much. To attract professionals you have to look like one in the first place.

#72637
Mar 22, 2006 at 6:45am

Which navigator do you use??

We have received compliments about our retro-html design. If it may serve, we DID it like this because we wanted to! ;-)

#72638
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:50am

i personaly used firefox to visit your site and it took me all of 2 minutes
to decide it was taking to long to understand it

Sorry

Richard


Email: Richardo@gmail.com
Telephone: 07876450843

#72639
Mar 22, 2006 at 10:33am

OK! You don’t like our site, which is OK, we can’t please everyone. But do you have something to show or not??

#72640
Mar 22, 2006 at 10:54am

hi Oxxo,

I feel the same as Tristan after visiting your site.
It is hard to navigate, some broken links…

Since you do not give any hint about what’s comin next,
plus no name of the people takin care of this project, I would
feel very reluctant to send any work there.

I think the first thing I look at is:
- who the people are
- why they’re doing that
- where they get the money from

Plus I don’t think it is
“pointless to worry about a geographical location in the XXI century”
like you say in your site.
Even for international projects.

Just my thought, if it may help you.

Best of luck.
vincent

#72641
Mar 22, 2006 at 12:49pm

I don’t know what serve our names, we are not George Michael or anybody famous or rich who could warrant. We don’t say our names because I love the idea of Daft Punk who are famous and rich and nobody knows their face. Of course, we won’t get rich neither famous, but just in case! ;-))

We are doing oxxxo because we are strongly convinced that there is more interesting things in the world that those offered by mainstream media. We would love to promote new artists to people who has never gone to search them. And we want to do it in a simple and straightforward way. Only nobody does it yet, so we can’t reveal it, or any big media company would do it worse and quicker.

Our sponsors will be the best ones we can find.

You don’t have to send anything, if you don’t want. We would like to select artists, as long as you can provide a link or a website that shows your talent, we don’t need a DVD arriving to our office. Even if our tired eyes prefer 720×576 PAL than a tiny 240×180 pixels preview… In any case we are not here to steal, we wouldn’t mind to make a website or post in forums. We are searching for artists.

And even if you send your work and we like it, before using it we will tell you everything and you will know your conditions. If you are not interested, you just have to say no. We need your written permission to use your work. And we aren’t asking it yet.

As you are interested we are based in Madrid, Spain, Europe.

#72642
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:33pm

hola oxxo!

>I don’t know what serve our names, we are not George Michael or anybody famous or rich who could warrant. We don’t say our names because I love the idea of Daft Punk who are famous and rich and nobody knows their face. Of course, we won’t get rich neither famous, but just in case! ;-))
>
>
You don’t need to be rich to say who you are.
You don’t even need to say your name actually.
George Michael doesn’t help.
Even Michael Jackson didn’t heal the world, neither made it a better place.
But somehow I think if you want to make artist you like known to the world,
you’ll have to be famous… ;-)

>We are doing oxxxo because we are strongly convinced that there is more interesting things in the world that those offered by mainstream media.
>
so good.
I’m a 100% with you, man.

>We would love to promote new artists to people who has never gone to search them. And we want to do it in a simple and straightforward way. Only nobody does it yet, so we can’t reveal it, or any big media company would do it worse and quicker.
>
>
I ‘d say there are *many* people tryin to do that.
But maybe your method is just a brand new thing, and then I’m wrong.
So long, if big media company can *exactly* what you do, then I’d advise
to work in a big company.

>Our sponsors will be the best ones we can find.
>
>You don’t have to send anything, if you don’t want. We would like to select artists, as long as you can provide a link or a website that shows your talent, we don’t need a DVD arriving to our office. Even if our tired eyes prefer 720×576 PAL than a tiny 240×180 pixels preview… In any case we are not here to steal, we wouldn’t mind to make a website or post in forums. We are searching for artists.
>
>And even if you send your work and we like it, before using it we will tell you everything and you will know your conditions. If you are not interested, you just have to say no. We need your written permission to use your work. And we aren’t asking it yet.
>
>As you are interested we are based in Madrid, Spain, Europe.
>
>
hehe… I had guessed from the spanish/english spoken languages, my dear
Watson!… :-))

Maybe parts of what you wrote in this email could be added on your website?

… and well, I hope you didn’t take it bad.. cause I’m *absolutely* not
writing to blame you.
(why the hell would I ??)
All the opposite.
Rather tryin to help, and I think the same may apply for Tristan and
Richard…
Now I thouhgt that givin you feedback on your website would be helpful.

cheers,
vince

#72643
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:48pm

> your work and we like it

care to tell us what do you like? your favorite sound/visual/text/any
artists so far?

best,
nesa

#72644
Mar 22, 2006 at 2:41pm

#72645
Mar 22, 2006 at 2:59pm

>> So long, if big media company can *exactly* what you do,
>
> Ey!!! What do you mean EXACTLY we are unique. They can create a bad
> copy, that is what worries us. If a big company does this they will
> never come to a Max/Jitter forum asking for artists. They will
> straight to Sony/BMG/Warner/Disney…

I wouldn’t bother to worry about that. If your idea is good and/or
succesfull, they’ll try and copy it nontheless. It wil of course be a
bad copy since :
they lack vision, ideals, scrupules and motivation (besides $$$)
they don’t want to invest the time and money, so basically they will
give your site as a reference to their employees and say “here’s some
referencematerial” (read : can you copy this and change as little as
possible, but enough to not make it look like we copied it.)
I encounter this sort of behaviour everyday at my ‘dayjob’ (luckily
only 3 days a week).

Eitherway, eagerly awaiting the results. I’m sure you triggered
everyones curiosity!

Brecht.

#72646
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:35pm

>If your idea is good and/or
>succesfull, they’ll try and copy it nontheless.

Yes this is already assumed. But one thing is being copied after we have started or another thing is to be copied before going out!!! ;-))

In any case there are a lot of good contents that never got it to the mainstream. Let’s hope we can start!

#72647

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.