Forums > Jitter

Can anyone give me an idea (Sound manipulation using a jitter video)

May 6, 2008 | 10:08 am

I want to use my jit.qt.movie to manipulate its sound which is routed through the spigot~ object. For instance when theres a white flash on screen it makes the sound change pitch or something similar.

Ive tried doing this with jit.findbounds but its not really working unless the video is extremly bright and even then its outputing hardly anything.

Is there a easier way of just tracking particular colours in a matrix.

I dont need it to be accurate. So the figures can be all over the place as long as it is outputting something

Thanks

May 6, 2008 | 10:25 am

Quote: Chappers wrote on Tue, 06 May 2008 06:08
—————————————————-
> I want to use my jit.qt.movie to manipulate its sound which is routed through the spigot~ object. For instance when theres a white flash on screen it makes the sound change pitch or something similar.
>
> Ive tried doing this with jit.findbounds but its not really working unless the video is extremly bright and even then its outputing hardly anything.

jit.findbounds is the most reliable of objects. my guess is that you’re using 0-255 for min and max ranges instead of 0. to 1.

May 6, 2008 | 10:40 am

nah i was using 0. to 1 but it never seem to grasp hold of anything. Especially when i tried to get it to detect any sort of white

Ill give it another shot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)