Forums > Jitter

Can MAX / Jitter detect when a video is finish played ? Maybe with listeners ?

April 24, 2010 | 4:11 pm

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a Max question, Im not really sure where to look for the answer in the documentation. Im trying to use motion to trigger a sequence of animations I have made, one after the next, but im not sure how to go about getting the information I need before triggering. The two things I need to know are
a) when an animation is finished playing, and
b) what the motion value (based on web cam information) is at that precise moment. I am then going to use this information (a value in a number box) to trigger another animation, and so forth and so on.

So my question is, is there a way for the completion of a video can trigger some kind of function that will allow me to grab q value from a number box and then use that value to determine the next animation played?

Im sorry if the question isn’t clear, if anyone need further explanation, please let me know. Im pretty new to Max and feel as though in hitting a wall a bit here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coline

April 24, 2010 | 4:25 pm

a)when an animation is finished playing

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 24, 2010 | 4:38 pm

Thanks a lot for this, it completely answers my first question.
Does anyone know how to use the value, at a precise moment triggered by a bang, of a number box that keep changing.
My aim is to play one video A or B according the value. If at moment M value >10 = A or <10=B
Thanks a lot for any idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)