Forums > MIRA

Can Max patch tell which Mira tab is in focus?

February 4, 2014 | 7:39 am

I know I can set the tab I want in focus from Max, but I would like to know when a user chooses a different tab from my Max patch.

Any ideas?

February 4, 2014 | 2:52 pm

Luke,

Unfortunately that’s not currently possible. That does sound like a useful feature, though, so we’ll be looking at it in the next update.

Thanks!

-S

February 5, 2014 | 12:33 am

Thanks Sam, it would indeed be very useful to me but I can wait!

February 10, 2014 | 4:14 am

This sounds very useful!

Also I have been wishing for a chance to dynamically control which pages are showing up in multiple ipads. So that when multiple ipads and users are controlling the same patch, they would have access only to a certain mira.window of the given patch.

May 24, 2014 | 1:51 pm

Hello all,
I have created an application in Max that uses MIRA to run a study on audible alert sounds in critical care environments. It’s the backbone of my Phd. dissertation in Health Informatics.
I can readily control the interface and focus on one iPad dynamically via tabs, but it would be very helpful if I could have different tabs open on different iPads that I could control from the application.
This would make the application invaluable for ICU simulation environments where the viability of different alert designs could be tested.
Any chances that this will happen in the future? Maybe we can control the tab shown on a particular iPad by referencing the iPad itself in the patch? This might require some level of concurrency, but aside from the iOS considerations for networking that MIRA uses, I don’t see any reason why Max couldn’t do this.
I am writing this in hopes that SamTarakajian might weigh in, since I’m not sure if there is a way to contact him directly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)