Can someone help me find those elements in MaxMSP?

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:36pm

Can someone help me find those elements in MaxMSP?

Hi!
I do not know MaxMSP very well. I use it in a course at the university. There is a person who comes gives a knack to our teacher during the course, to help all the students with their patchs. He has sended me a picutre of the patch which I must reproduce for my project. I remade it mainly but there are some elements which I am not able to remake (He use Max 5 on his computer and we use Max 4.6.3 in the course, so there are some elements that do not have the same appearance).
And as I said, I don’t know very well this software, I have a little difficulty to me of finding there.

I give you the 2 pictures that the person sent to me in this message. Can somebody identify me the name of the elements which I do not find?

Thanks!
[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=2168&private=0[/img]

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=2169&private=0[/img]

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:40pm

In the first image, those are [inlet] and [outlet] objects.

The second one is [flonum], which uses floats, and there is it’s close relative, [number] which uses integers.

Hope that helps.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:43pm

Damn, took too long to edit that.

In the first image, those are [inlet] and [outlet] objects.

There likely is no real difference between the two [flonum] objects in the second image – max5 lets you change colors of objects. However, it can’t be determined from the picture if either of those flonum’s have min/max limits set.

I’ll take a guess and say that your first image is the [p coords] subpatch – using [outlet] will let you connect the subpatch to the jit.matrix object.

Hope that helps.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:15pm

Thanks ! :-D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.