simple interface

Any suggestions?

thanks!

November 30, 2008 | 11:56 pm

oh and one last feature: playable with midi notes

December 1, 2008 | 12:08 am

build it?

December 1, 2008 | 12:17 am

I could but I am trying to save time. I am playing with the samplor~ object found in maxobjects.com.

This is such a basic and essential functional block that it seems unproductive to have to re-invent the wheel.

December 1, 2008 | 1:20 am

Each of the apparently "simple" bits of the object you’re searching for – to me, anyway – includes a series of decisions that I’m happy I can make for myself. It’s not a bug – it’s a *feature.*

December 1, 2008 | 2:19 am

I made some seamless loops in SoundForge(i.e. no clicking while looping) but when I play them using the Groove~ object I hear clicking at the end of each loopy cycle.

I am thinking that this problem may be due to the fact the loop length is set in groove~ using (ms) instead of samples.

What would be a good way to deal with this?

December 1, 2008 | 11:12 am

December 1, 2008 | 11:13 am

December 1, 2008 | 12:57 pm

if you have a sound file that is a seemless loop, then use the replace
message to get it into a buffer (so the buffer resizes to the file
length) and use groove~ with no arguments (other than the buffer name)
and do not use the loop min, loop max inputs :: groove~ will by
default loop the whole buffer.

2008/12/1 Danjel van Tijn :
>
> I made some seamless loops in SoundForgec(i.e. no clicking while looping) but when I play them using the Groove~ object I hear clicking at the end of each loopy cycle.
>
> I am thinking that this problem may be due to the fact the loop length is set in groove~ using (ms) instead of samples.
>
> What would be a good way to deal with this?
>
>
>
>
>

December 1, 2008 | 2:13 pm

You will need to send the ‘loop 1′ message to the object to make it actually "loop".

One can also send ‘loopinterp’ message to interpolate at the loop points which can be useful.

Quote: samuel.freeman wrote on Mon, 01 December 2008 13:57
—————————————————-
> if you have a sound file that is a seemless loop, then use the replace
> message to get it into a buffer (so the buffer resizes to the file
> length) and use groove~ with no arguments (other than the buffer name)
> and do not use the loop min, loop max inputs :: groove~ will by
> default loop the whole buffer.
>
> 2008/12/1 Danjel van Tijn :
> >
> > I made some seamless loops in SoundForgec(i.e. no clicking while looping) but when I play them using the Groove~ object I hear clicking at the end of each loopy cycle.
> >
> > I am thinking that this problem may be due to the fact the loop length is set in groove~ using (ms) instead of samples.
> >
> > What would be a good way to deal with this?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
—————————————————-

December 1, 2008 | 7:44 pm

You could also replace groove~ with the grooveduck abstraction; normally a good way of eliminating clicking at loop points.

December 2, 2008 | 2:54 am

> It is probably more that you set them as integers, instead of more
> precise floats…

nope definitely set them as floats but there were many decimal places and I am not sure how much the groove~ object actually rounds floats.

December 2, 2008 | 2:55 am

> One can also send ‘loopinterp’ message to interpolate at the >loop points which can be useful.

I experimented with turning loopinterp on/off with several samples but I heard no change at all. I actually wondered if there was a bug or something (tried it from the help example)

December 2, 2008 | 2:56 am

thanks for the suggestions guys!

I will try grooveduck and I will also try looping the whole file without setting loop points.

December 2, 2008 | 6:45 am

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)