can't build plugin

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:56pm

can't build plugin

Hi all,

I downloaded the pluggo runtime package (3.5.4 for use with max 4.5.7 on
windows xp sp2), and going though the first tutorial, i hit a snag when i
tried to build the ‘tutorial p1.pat’ as a plugin. I click on ‘build
collective / application / plugin’, and then hit the build button. (the
text box in the collective editor window says “open thispatcher”). The
response to hitting the build is that a message appears in the bottom of the
collective editor, “Starting Build for Tutoral P1.pat-build…”.

No file appears in the save-to directory. Collectives and .exe files have
the same null result.

am i missing something basic or what?

Thanks,
George

#33015
Sep 2, 2007 at 8:08pm

This is still a problem for me, and a big problem at that! need help!

On 7/24/07, George Locke wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I downloaded the pluggo runtime package (3.5.4 for use with max 4.5.7 on
> windows xp sp2), and going though the first tutorial, i hit a snag when i
> tried to build the ‘tutorial p1.pat’ as a plugin. I click on ‘build
> collective / application / plugin’, and then hit the build button. (the
> text box in the collective editor window says “open thispatcher”). The
> response to hitting the build is that a message appears in the bottom of the
> collective editor, “Starting Build for Tutoral P1.pat-build…”.
>
> No file appears in the save-to directory. Collectives and .exe files have
> the same null result.
>
> am i missing something basic or what?
>
> Thanks,
> George
>

#109422
Sep 7, 2007 at 12:45pm

I can’t build any kind of collective. it just says ‘starting biuld’.

I dno if ppl arent replying cuz they think i’m using cracked software, which
i’m not. Anyway, this is a serious problem cuz as far as i can tell the
only way to implement a particular patch idea is with pluggos….

Need help!

Regards,
George

On 9/2/07, George Locke wrote:
>
> This is still a problem for me, and a big problem at that! need help!
>
> On 7/24/07, George Locke
wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I downloaded the pluggo runtime package (3.5.4 for use with max 4.5.7 on
> > windows xp sp2), and going though the first tutorial, i hit a snag when i
> > tried to build the ‘tutorial p1.pat’ as a plugin. I click on ‘build
> > collective / application / plugin’, and then hit the build button. (the
> > text box in the collective editor window says “open thispatcher”). The
> > response to hitting the build is that a message appears in the bottom of the
> > collective editor, “Starting Build for Tutoral P1.pat-build…”.
> >
> > No file appears in the save-to directory. Collectives and .exe files
> > have the same null result.
> >
> > am i missing something basic or what?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > George
> >
>
>

#109423
Sep 7, 2007 at 7:37pm

At 8:45 AM -0400 9/7/07, George Locke wrote:
>I dno if ppl arent replying cuz they think i’m using cracked software, which i’m not.

People aren’t replying to you because of your spelling. :-)

Seriously, I have no idea about this. I think this is something that you should contact Cycling 74 support for.

-C


Chris Muir | “There are many futures and only one status quo.
cbm@well.com | This is why conservatives mostly agree,
http://www.xfade.com | and radicals always argue.” – Brian Eno

#109424
Sep 7, 2007 at 8:02pm

hi

Try this.

When you select build application from the files menu. On the
collective edit window click on add files and add all of these file
from the externals directory:

plugconfig.mxo
plugin~.mxo
plugmidiin.mxo
plugmidiout.mxo
plugmod.mxo
plugmorph.mxo
plugmultiparam.mxo
plugout~.mxo
plugphasor~.mxo
plugreceive~.mxo
plugsend~.mxo
plugstore.mxo
plugsync~.mxo

The path of these files should be added to the window in addition to
“open this patcher”.

Then click on build applications and on the save dialog window that
opens select vst plugin (not the default collective). This should
work if not I have no idea why.

good luck
Peiman

On 7 Sep 2007, at 20:37, Chris Muir wrote:

> At 8:45 AM -0400 9/7/07, George Locke wrote:
>> I dno if ppl arent replying cuz they think i’m using cracked
>> software, which i’m not.
>
> People aren’t replying to you because of your spelling. :-)
>
> Seriously, I have no idea about this. I think this is something
> that you should contact Cycling 74 support for.
>
> -C
>
> —
> Chris Muir | “There are many futures and only one status
> quo.
> cbm@well.com | This is why conservatives mostly agree,
> http://www.xfade.com | and radicals always argue.” – Brian Eno

#109425
Sep 7, 2007 at 9:50pm

Don’t know much about what yer trying to do but the First step would be to get the latest version of maxMSP going on your system. Then i that doesnt work contact support…

#109426

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.