Forums > Java

Can't Compile?

November 14, 2006 | 9:02 pm

Sooooo, I have been trying my hand at developing Java classes for Max and have run into a problem compiling my files. This is probably a relatively easy question to answer, yet I can’t figure it out. All I am trying to do is do a simple post when the mxj object revieces a bang. When compiling the code produced, through the quickie class, I get errors in the compile window as well as errors in the consol.

Compile error:
Unexpected Error During Compile:

CreateProcess: "C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javaclassestest.java" -classpath "C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javalibjitter.jar;C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javalibjode-1.1.2-pre-embedded.jar;C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javalibmax.jar;C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javaclasses\" "C:Program FilesCycling ’74MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javaclassestest.java" error=193

See Max console for stack trace.

The consol is giving me a whole bunch of unknown source errors. I think this is just a problem of directories. Any help would be nice, Thanks

-Ryan

November 14, 2006 | 9:32 pm

Just wanted to clarify:

I have read the writing externals in java PDF and realized that I didn’t have a compiler on the computer. I now have a current version of Java and Netbeans, but I can’t figure out what I should put in the compiler command field so that it compiles correctly. Should my compiler be put in the same directory as Max? Thanks again.

November 14, 2006 | 9:53 pm

The compiler is an executable named javac.exe. Locate it and fill in
the full path in the Compiler Command field. The command should look
something like

c:Program FilesJavajre1.5.0_06binjavac.exe

Ben

On 11/14/06, Ryan wrote:
>
> Just wanted to clarify:
>
> I have read the writing externals in java PDF and realized that I didn’t have a compiler on the computer. I now have a current version of Java and Netbeans, but I can’t figure out what I should put in the compiler command field so that it compiles correctly. Should my compiler be put in the same directory as Max? Thanks again.
>

November 15, 2006 | 5:54 am

This was a noob post, I must comment.

Thanks for the help – I figured it out after a close inspection of the tutorial.pdf file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)