Forums > Max For Live

Can't get midi to Live from Max. Max window in Maxforlive?

April 9, 2012 | 4:26 pm

Hi,

I’m moving my gig setup from having worked in Max and Live simultaneously towards doing it all with Live and Maxforlive. I’ve run into a couple of problems though, and am hoping that someone could shed a little light on this situation.

1 – Basically – I can’t get the midi that I have been sending from Max to Live, to work the same when sending midi from my Maxforlive patch to Live. Probably a really easy thing to do, I just can’t see where the problem is. The Maxforlive patch is at the bottom, and under it is my Max patch

2 – In my old setup, I used the Max window to keep track of what midi message I was about to send to Live, by printing from a coll object that corresponded with a coll object that sent different midi messages to Live. I can’t use the Max window inside Live, right? Is there another solution to this that anyone could suggest? Such as a small text window floating over the Live window, where I can print stuff that used to be printed in the Max window?

Attached are also the two .txt files that the coll objects refer to.

Thanks! I would deeply appreciate any input on this…

Maxforlive patch – midi not working;

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Max patch, midi working;

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 9, 2012 | 6:10 pm

ad 1. For midi output you don’t need to change the Max patch as it will be routed automatically to Live.

ad 2. There is a Max window available in Live. It can be opened with right-click on the title bar of a device.

April 22, 2012 | 11:22 am

Thanks broc,

Found the Max window. Sometimes the solution is just too close to see properly… The midi problem’s still there though, hope to solve it soon.

merci

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)