Can't seem to get polyphony…

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:58pm

Can't seem to get polyphony…

I have no idea why, but I can’t get polyphony in this bare-basic synth I’ve created.

Here’s the synth:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Someone help me out? I have thispoly~ connected to the first and third outlets of the adsr~ envelope, but I still can’t get polyphony and I’ve no idea why. I feel like I’ve tried everything. Help, please?

Also, please bare with me. Like I said in my last thread, I’m re-learning Max after not doing anything with it for a couple of years. I might be asking a lot of dumb questions like this in the future.

Thanks, in advanced!

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:01pm

Okay, I’ve figured it out on my own. This is embarrassing, but all I had to do was change the input from notein to midiin, midiparse, and prepend midinote. Sorry about the spam. >_>

EDIT: So, here’s my new patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I can’t seem to get Attack or Decay to work properly. That, and the Sustain knob is like an on or off knob. Rather than being an even rate to maximum sustain, it just goes straight to full sustain the very second I move it above 0.0. Why could this be?

EDIT 2: I also have no idea why it posted as a Max 5 patch…

EDIT 3: Another problem: The Release is only audible on the last released note. Any idea why this is?

Sorry about all these questions. I just really want to get this down and I can’t seem to find anything about these problems.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:04am

Haven’t the time to look at the patch you posted yet, but for some of these issues, look at the ‘@target 0′ attribute for [poly~] – might help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.