Forums > Jitter

capturing a jit.gradient to jit.gl.gridshape or jit.gl.videoplane

April 23, 2012 | 4:02 pm

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to send the output of jit.gradient to a plane gridshape or videoplane object, but I’ve had little success. I’ve tried sending the output to a jit.gl.material object to be applied to the gridshape, and also sending the output directly to a videoplane, and I’ve also tried using a gl.texture with @capture on the gridshape.

However the thing is I’m not the most knowledgable person when it comes to setting blends and dim and matrix data in jitter, so I may have set the attributes wrong.

If someone could take the time to explain or post an example of how to send a jit.gradeint to either a [jit.gl.gridshape @shape plane] or a [jit.gl.videoplane] I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

-chris

April 23, 2012 | 5:00 pm

you need to give the 2nd dim to the gradient as
[jit.gradient 4 char 320 240] and connecting the output straight to the videoplane should work, if not post a patch.

April 23, 2012 | 5:05 pm

Thanks for the reply carsol,

Adding the 2nd dim doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

-chris

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 23, 2012 | 5:54 pm

ok, remove matrixoutput 1 from videoplane object and you will get the videoplane with the gradient in the scene

if you activate matrixoutput, the videoplane isnt going straight to the rendered scene, instead of this the object outputs a 12 plane matrix with diferent information per plane on his first outlet with vertexs positions, normals, texture coords and more… i guess you dont need this at the moment..

April 23, 2012 | 6:11 pm

Ah, that was just there from the testing, for some reason it didn’t work straight to the render before…. oh well! thanks carsol!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)