Forums > MaxMSP

CFM objects in standalone

August 30, 2006 | 3:56 pm

I’m in the process of getting a patch to work as a standalone with Max 4.6.1. I know there are CFM externals in it, but I wanted to test things out. I built the app on a PPC machine, and when it runs on a MacIntel machine, it gives the error:
? error: : loading old CFM externals disabled
which I would expect. However, I didn’t expect a LOT of these errors (almost 700 of these lines in the status window). There’s only a few CFM externals in the patch, and only a few instances of those, if I remember correctly.
Is there a nice, non-excruciating way to tell which externals are causing the errors? Does one instance of a non-CFM external cause multiple errors in the status window? I archived the Max4.5 install before I installed 4.6, so I don’t think it is grabbing CFMs by mistake….

Obscurely,

Peter N.

October 19, 2006 | 9:14 am

There are still some problems with standalones.
At startup I have this message and can’t get rid of it.

The error message translation is : impossible to open "MaxMSPCFMSupport" the post-execution script could not be executed nor read.

On some machines if I click install it works and I’m not annoyed anymore, but on some other it keeps on.

It is a real problem for me, because my standalones must be used for professional uses and start automatically.

Roland Cahen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)