Forums > MaxMSP

change integer/float value with mighty mouse clitoris while on the box …

January 21, 2013 | 1:00 pm

I imagine: the mouse is pointing on a float / integer object and when I scroll with the wheel the numbers go up and down without pressing, just scrolling…

I wonder: is there any way to do that?

January 21, 2013 | 2:39 pm

This maybe?
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=12038
Cheers
Roger

January 22, 2013 | 10:40 am

I am aware of Larkins external. It gives you acess to the scroll wheel data, the input I’d like to use …
But still I don’t have any strategy for the mission that I may have explained badly in my broken english …

Place the mouse pointer above a float / integer object in a maxpatch. Then the object would be aware of the presence of the mouse pointing at it activated. And then scrolling up / down with the wheel would cause the numbers in the object following that movement; that is going up up up with every up scroll and down down down with every down scroll. accumulative. When the mouse pointer is being removed from the object it is deactivated again.

How could this be done?

I would find that much more economic than pressing the mouse button and then move the mouse itself up and down.

January 22, 2013 | 12:41 pm

The mousestate object will allow you to determine where on the screen you want the scroll wheel to be active.

January 23, 2013 | 9:03 am

wonderful, Nicolas, thank you.

January 23, 2013 | 9:25 am

Cool technique, I might make use of it for sliders.

One thing though – if Oli Larkin is listening – [ol.mousewheel] doesn’t seem to be compatible with Max 6.

January 27, 2013 | 2:53 am

Is it time for a new object (or an additional outlet on [mousestate]) which reports scroll wheel activity? That would be great…could easily combine with [hover] to achieve all kinds of fun things…like zooming in and out in [waveform~] for example…

January 27, 2013 | 12:54 pm

jit.window can report mousewheel movements but that’s not a practical solution. Would seem logical to integrate it in [mousestate].

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)