Forums > MaxMSP

choosing [adc~] input with one [adc~]…

November 2, 2009 | 9:09 pm

hello all,

this is just a quick question to ask if anyone does know.

how do you choose different inputs off of one [adc~].
basically i want to have the choice of switching inputs on a patch with audio feeding in and just having one [adc~]. i have a [tab] which i have connected to some messages that i want to use to change the input when i want to. i have tried different ways but can not seem to come up with the goods.

yes, i have looked on the help patch, there is nothing.
also i have looked in the archives, but there is nothing i can find on it.

hope someone can help, cheers…

p.s.
so if anyone, is going to be really sarcastic, or have a go at me because their head is bigger in this field, dont bother. all i have seemed to have gotten on the forum recently is grief from people when i ask a question or answer one. i am here to ask questions, not have abuse or insults thrown at me for no reason.

November 2, 2009 | 9:17 pm

Would something like this work?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 2, 2009 | 9:28 pm

that is close, but is more so just one outputting [adc~]. rather than having 1-8 on the [adc~], if you get me.
i did do something like that before (but using [tab] instead), but would prefer just one single outputted [adc~]
if i dont get it in the end, its no big lose. i will just go back to the other idea.

i am trying to remember one patch done years ago that had what i am on about, but that was a year or more ago and cant remember where it has gotten to.

but thank you for your reply anyhow…

MIB
November 2, 2009 | 9:41 pm

not sure I quite understand what you are trying to do, but maybe [adstatus input] does what you are looking for?

November 2, 2009 | 9:46 pm

well what i have tried before is this:-

but that does not work at all (but more so the idea for what i would like). that is what i am trying to do. is have a message to then set the [adc~] to a certain input.
what i am working on is an six channel audio manipulator, and this is the sort of thing i would like.

cheers…

MIB
November 2, 2009 | 9:50 pm

from the helpfile:

set logical-output-channel [int]logical-input-channel [int]

The word set, followed by two numbers, sets the logical input channel for one of the object’s signal outlets. The first number specifies the outlet number, where 1 is the leftmost outlet. The second number specifies the logical input channel (from 1 to 512). If the second number is 0, the outlet sends out the zero signal.

I have never tried this myself but looks like you need two arguments, not just one.

November 2, 2009 | 10:23 pm

came up with this, it works. all fine and dandy.

thanks for the help man, much appreciated…

MIB
November 2, 2009 | 10:28 pm

I can’t test this right now, but according to the documentation your messages should read "1 1", "1 2", etc.

The first number specifies the outlet number, where 1 is the leftmost outlet.

glad this helped.

November 2, 2009 | 10:28 pm

You don’t need the [route] and individual messages. Try using [prepend] or the $1 variable in a message. Also note that the leftmost outlet is number 1 rather than 0.

lh

November 2, 2009 | 10:33 pm

thats great man. less code and all that Smile
i will use that idea as it is less cumbersome.

much thanks to you both. i totally forgot about [prepend], because that is great object to do these type of message sending.

again, thanks to you both…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)