Forums > MaxMSP

Circle in LCD that follows webcam colour tracking

November 19, 2013 | 1:16 am

Hi all, sorry for the basic question.

How do I get draw 1 circle in a LCD that moves in x and y position according to the x and y of a colour tracking object in a webcam?

I’ve already have done the webcam colour tracking part and have problems drawing the circle. I used paintoval to draw the shape but I can’t get it to move.

Thank you.

November 19, 2013 | 8:22 pm

This should do it. Just erase all the drunk stuff and link your incoming colour tracking x, y cords to the number boxes. You need the [clear] object to erase the previous position of the circle in the LCD or you will end up drawing a line.

If you don’t mind, please let me see how you dealt with the colour tracking part of the patch as i’m interested in making a similar patch using blob recognition of some sort.

Cheers.

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

November 19, 2013 | 9:20 pm

Here is the same patch hooked up to "Tutorial 25: Tracking the Position of a Color in a Movie". The example is very simple and colour tracking on live video gets more complicated so i’m keen to see how you are dealing with it.

<code>

</code>

November 21, 2013 | 10:30 pm

Thanks for your patches, in the end I used nodes for my project tight deadline. Looking back, lcd is the more suitable choice. Thanks. Here’s my colour tracking patch. I used bits and pieces from various tutorial. Hope it helps.
<code>

</code>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)