CLIP TIME device – problems with firing severals CLIP TIMER in the same session

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:57am

CLIP TIME device – problems with firing severals CLIP TIMER in the same session

Hello
i’ve created a patch in order to fire a clip each time a clock-timer sends a bang.

I was inspired by the clip operation device but i wanted to use Time instead of looping to fire my clips. So i tried to make one

My CLIP TIMER device works fine now but only for clips loaded on the same track – if i launch a second CLIP TIMER he is “time” dependant of the first one, and so on if i launch a third one …

ex : CT one sends a fire clip every 10 sec – CT 2 on the next track sends a fire clip every 20sec … as soon as i fire the time with CT2 it takes the time from CT one etc

What i want to do now is to be able to fire severals CLIP TIMER in the same session, each being able to send it’s own time bang.

I’m stucked a this point and need some advices.

TY

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 8, 2011 at 1:28pm

Send/Receive work system-wide. See also send’s reference page.

I think you may want to look into pvar, perhaps as well as pv in combination with grab.

Still; when looking at your patch I think its easier to simply insert the connections yourself instead of using remote sending. Don’t forget that you can easily align the patchcords by keeping shift pressed the very moment you create a new connection.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:55am

Thank you i will give it a try.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.