Forums > MaxMSP

cnmat package cfm – not available for PowerPC

January 26, 2007 | 3:11 pm

Hi,

I try to install CNMAT’s latest version of their objects. On my
titanium g4, under OSX39, for Max/MSP 457. First, Safari complains that
it can’t decompress the file (and indeed, BOMArchiveHelper doesn’t open
it, nor does gunzip in a shell). UnStuffit can decompress the file, but
all externals lost their type/creator metadatas. Even when I set the
creator/type (or add a suffix) of these files, Max don’t load the
externals and just says "not available for PowerPC" when I try to
instantiate them. Using Install… or dble-clicking on the externals
doesn’t help.

I feel very stupid… especially because I think there was recently a
topic on the forum about the same kind of problem, but cannot find it
anymore (like the mp3 or Kasper’s recent story…).

_____________________________
Patrick Delges

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://users.skynet.be/crfmw/max


January 26, 2007 | 6:31 pm

Quote: Patrick Delges wrote on Fri, 26 January 2007 07:11
—————————————————-
> Hi,
>
> I try to install CNMAT’s latest version of their objects. On my
> titanium g4, under OSX39, for Max/MSP 457.

Hi Patrick-

I’ll look into it; I thought we’d fixed this problem, but I doubt we tested it under Panter.

mz


January 26, 2007 | 7:05 pm

Hi,
I had the same problem. But it works when you download the externals
individualy rather than the whole package.
P

On 26/01/07, Patrick Delges

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install CNMAT’s latest version of their objects. On my
> titanium g4, under OSX39, for Max/MSP 457. First, Safari complains that
> it can’t decompress the file (and indeed, BOMArchiveHelper doesn’t open
> it, nor does gunzip in a shell). UnStuffit can decompress the file, but
> all externals lost their type/creator metadatas. Even when I set the
> creator/type (or add a suffix) of these files, Max don’t load the
> externals and just says "not available for PowerPC" when I try to
> instantiate them. Using Install… or dble-clicking on the externals
> doesn’t help.
>
> I feel very stupid… especially because I think there was recently a
> topic on the forum about the same kind of problem, but cannot find it
> anymore (like the mp3 or Kasper’s recent story…).
>
> _____________________________
> Patrick Delges
>
> Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl
> http://users.skynet.be/crfmw/max
>
>


January 26, 2007 | 9:51 pm

Same error here some time ago, so I simply changed the suffix of the file to .zip and everything worked.

Hope this help

Matteo


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)