coll-controlled timepoint not operating as expected

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:39am

coll-controlled timepoint not operating as expected

hail

i created the patch below. when i start off with just the top section, a click of the button and the transport starts and the coll is banged releasing the first entry into the timepoint which is a time (12. 1. 1.). When the time comes, we see a bang from the timepoint and that uses a counter to prime the next iteration back from the next entry in the coll.

but then when i then paste in the bottom section, and reset/restart the transport, it hits the first time in the coll, brings up the second and the timepoint ignores it and all subsequent. i dont think the sends/receives are relevant and the two halves are not connected together in other meaningful ways i can see.

i’m not sure if this is a jitter or max problem – anyone see why the jitter part causes the max part to fail?

thanks for any help

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:42am

You didn’t embed the coll content with the patch.

p

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:04pm

Ah – I thought it would have pulled it in. Thanks for letting me know.
Essentially, it is as follows:

1, 12. 1. 1.;
2, 14. 1. 1.;
3, 16. 1. 1.;
4, 17. 1. 1.;

ie. a basic time instance list. The trigger works when the transport hits 12. 1. 1., but subsequent time events are ignored.

Thanks for any help on this one!

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:38pm

In case anyone wanders in here – the problem abated when I took the timepoint out of the bottom section of the patch. I think I must have confused the situation by just passing the timepoint with the arguments I did.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.