I have problem with the "coll" object, in the standalone application. I`m not able to store new data in it.
In MAX, it works, as expected, but it doesn`t work in standalone.
- I have the "coll" object.
- "embed" (Save data with patcher) is enabled.
- I save one line in to the coll (for example "1, 1;").
- If I export this as standalone, this "1, 1;" line is presented in the standalone application.
- Now, I would like to add another one line (for exable "2, a;").
- If I do so in MAX, Save it, and close the MAX, and open it again, this line ("2, a;") is also stored in the "coll" object.
- BUT if I do so in the standalone application, (add "2, a;" line, try to save it – there is no Save item available in the menu!!! – close it – application doesn`t ask me, if I want to save it or not; open it again) the line "2, a;" is not in the "coll" object now.
I`m sending easy Patch, as attachment.
Thank you for any help!
you need to write a separate file using the write message to the coll before closing the standalone, and then after launching the standalone send a read message to coll. have a look at the access tab in the coll help file. there are ways of automating this process using freebang loadbang and using the ;max getapppath message etc
I was afraid this is the only one solution. I have variable count of "coll"s in my Patch.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74