I have spent the better part of 2 weeks working on a js based pair of objects that handles routing monome apps. and i have this working to an extent, but i am a little disheartened to find max for live is a different namespace or whatever. (my idea depends on send/recieve objects)
is there an ok way around this? what i am asking is, is there a way to have sends in max run time talk to max for live talk to plain ole max?
It’s not the namespace. There’s some latency involved with using send and receive in the Max for Live environment, as described here:
It’s definitely a known issue. I’m not aware of anything in terms of workarounds.
(i am so glad i opened up max before complaining that your link said nothing of the issue!)
but…i think i have a different issue. If i open a patcher in max (a patcher not embedded in a live object, just plain old max) that has a receive object named foo [receive foo]
and i try to send it a message from a max for live device. [send foo]
the message does not get there.
if i make the send/reveive pair in max for live objects, there is no issue and honestly, the communication is so brief that don’t notice latency when i just work in max for live objects.
I would imagine you could get around this by using [udpsend] and [udprecieve]
Yeah, use UDP.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74