Compiling inconsistencies + general advice (regarding compiling :)

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:14pm

Compiling inconsistencies + general advice (regarding compiling :)

Hi,

I’m having some trouble compiling,

- plussz for example compiles without problems and appears in max. Plussz2 however appears to compile without problems(no warnings/errors/dll in sdkbuild-dir) but it doesn’t appear in max when i type it in. Now i’ve also tried cleaing out the plussz-example, renaming it and inserting other code but the problem remains; no warnings/errors whatsoever and the dll is present in the sdkbuild-dir but it won’t show up in Max.

- I’m a total noob at this, have just started using ofx and after compiling that succesfully i gave max a try and it worked! I’m using CodeBlocks so i didn’t expect opening vcproj-files to atually work.
How do you start a new project? Is it like ofx where you just copy the EmptyExample and rename everything? Plussz probably being the easiest to clean out and rename.

- I think i’m forgetting something…

Thanks for helping!
FRid

CodeBlocks
WinXp Sp3
Max 5.1.8
Sdk 5.1.7

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:01pm

Feeling pretty stupid right now. For some reason i already had plussz installed in another folder so the plussz i had recently compiled didn’t work either. It seems changing the .dll to .mxe fixes the issue.

One question remains though, what’s “the”? best way to start a new project (in CodeBlocks)?

FRid

remember again; Will compiling the other examples in the examples-folder create conflicts with standard objects in Max because they have the same name?

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:43am

Hello,

maxMSP choose ONE of them in case of several externals with same name ; there is an error message in the maxMSP console starting the application ; something like “hey dude you have stuff whit the same name ; and i choose this one in this folder”.

It seems changing the .dll to .mxe fixes the issue.

I don’t know CodeBlocks, but i think as in Xcode you should have a setting to define that “.mxe” at compile time.

To start a new project in Xcode i use “new project” ;-) with a “doing nothing code” that i rename (automatically) accordingly to the name project.

Here flip~.c and flap.c for empty dsp an UI object ; i attached flop.c in another recent thread.

HTH

Attachments:
  1. flap.c
Aug 1, 2011 at 8:55am

Thanks, i suspected it wouldn’t be that much of a problem but it’s better to be safe than sorry ofcourse.

In codebloocks you have the option of an “empty project”, i’ll go see if i can make it work by copying the settings from vcproj to this. Thanks for the empty objects!

FRid

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:37am

If you are looking for an example on which to base your Code::Blocks project, the ‘collect’ example in the SDK should provide a model. I’d recommend starting there.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:35pm

Looks a bit daunting but i’ll check it out, thanks. I suspect it’s about the mutex-stuff. Plussz just seemed so nice to begin with sigh…

O well, down the rabbit-hole we go! (again:)

FRid

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.