Compiling with Cygwin c++ (windows)

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:11pm

Compiling with Cygwin c++ (windows)

I’ve been trying to compile any examples with Cygwin, it compile and the .mxe file is there but when i open it in max the box is always “dark” and there is no input or output to the box. It also doesn’t say No Such Object in the max window so i guess these just a little something i’m not doing but i can’t find what.

I’m using these command like the API help says.

gcc -c -mno-cygwin -DWIN_VERSION -DWIN_EXT_VERSION -IC:/MaxSDK-5.1.7/c74support/max-includes test.c

gcc -shared -mno-cygwin -o test.mxe test.o test.def -LC:/MaxSDK-5.1.7/c74support/max-includes -lMaxAPI

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:04pm

Hello,

Sorry if you did it before but is the .mxe is in your maxMSP searchpath (menu : Options : Files Preferences) ?

oops : “It also doesn’t say No Such Object” ; DOESN’T say ? so i misunderstood your problem ;-)

Aug 14, 2011 at 6:48pm

I put the .mxe file in the C:Program Files (x86)Cycling ’74Max 5.0Cycling ’74max-externals folder and also tried in the same folder of the max patch.

I just tried to add it in the search path and it still doesn’t work.

I said that it doesn’t say No Such Object because if i try a random name its does it but not with my object so i guess these something i’m not doing right

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:41am

Hello,

sorry i didn’t read carefully ;

1. there is no error message in the max console ?
2. have you successfully builded an exemple from the SDK before ?

Anyway i never used cygwin so i’m not the good person to help you ;-)

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:17am

Did you try building the “collect” example in the SDK, following the instructions that come with that example? Does that work?

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:00pm

I just tried with gcc and with codeblocks and when i open it is max is says that libstdc++-6.dll is missing. It must be something i didn’t do from the help file.

what should i edit with the $ e fstab.. ?

is this the easiest way to do it on windows ?

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:22pm

OK i got it! I did something wrong with the version when fallowing the help file. Thanks for the help

Do you have a basic template for C++ ? Would it be easier to just do it in C ?

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:40pm

The “collect” example in the SDK is what I would use as a template. But maybe I don’t understand your question?

best,
Tim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.