Compiling Xcode Examples

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:00pm

Compiling Xcode Examples

So I’m new to the SDK and have been spending the last few days running through xcode tutorials. I have successfully compiled a max object following this tutorial: http://aimlab.kaist.ac.kr/courses/633/data/Max%20SDK%20Tutorial(1).pdf

My problem is compiling the example xcode projects provided in the sdk. I get the errors “jit.common.h: no such file or directory” or “ext.h:no such file or directory”. I have edited the paths in the maxmspsdk.xcconfig document to reflect my filesystem, and I have re-added the frameworks to the project. Still no success. I don’t get these errors when I make a new project and set all the target settings from scratch.

I’ve attached my xcconfig document. It’s entirely possible that I made a mistake somewhere. I’m a total beginner!

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
  1. maxmspsdk.xcconfig
Apr 20, 2012 at 5:10pm

Hello,

maybe read that first ?

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=34494

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:55am

Hi vanille,

It’s a little difficult to follow your conversation with moali, but I took away the message that I should redownload the SDK, change nothing, and see if the examples compile.

I redownloaded the SDK, put it on my harddrive, and tried to build one of the example patches.
I got two easily fixable errors:
1. There is no SDK at specified SDKROOT path ‘/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk’ .
2. Invalid value ‘com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42′ for GCC_VERSION.

I changed both these values in the xcconfig document to match my setup, and all runs smoothly.

The problem came from the suggestion in the tutorial that the c74support folder should be moved to the Application Support file. I probably missed some paths when I was changing the xcconfig document to reflect this move. Thanks for the help.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:08pm

Hello,

since there is two SDK now and that everybody systems are different, that’s not really easy to answer to XCode specific questions ; but happy to ear that it works fine for you …

” … suggestion in the tutorial that the c74support folder should be moved to the Application Support file …”

Searchpath seems to be the first thing a newbie (like me) struggle with while learning C/Xcode/maxSDK so IMHO that’s not a good advice ;-)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.