Forums > MaxMSP

Compilling Stand-Alone applications

December 9, 2008 | 3:41 pm

I’m trying to compile a patch i’ve built in max/msp so other people can play with it regardless of whether or not they own a copy of max/msp server – I want it to be easy to setup and play, preferably no installation required and bootable from a cd

the patch needs a couple of subfolders for images, sounds and movies, when I compile the patch I can include these folders but it doesn’t always work, I think it may work without the subfolders with everything being on the top level of the file hierarchy – but this then looks confusing and it’s not as easy to locate the application itself amongst the files

I have tried a couple of times (with no prior knowledge) and have had sketchy results. I’m using max/msp 5

can anyone give me some fool proof tips?

Aid

December 9, 2008 | 3:48 pm

also, how do i instruct the max window to hide

December 9, 2008 | 3:52 pm

Hi Aid,

First, check out the standalone object. Get info on it to see what it controls.

As for including extra material in standalone apps, I tend to prefer adding everything after the app has been built.
For Windows:
Dump everything in the support folder of its parent folder
For Mac:
ctrl-click on the app icon –> choose Show Packet Conents –> dump stuff in the Resources or support folder.

best,
Zachary

December 9, 2008 | 3:59 pm

thanks, I found the standalone object just before i read this :) so I can hide the max window

i’ll try stuff out with the package contents now, thanks for the swift reply!

December 9, 2008 | 9:56 pm

just posting to say thanks!

I copied all the images/videos/sounds/3rd party objects to the resource folder in the package contents and the standalone application now works fine on both ppc and intel mac :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)