Complex interpolation in pattrstorage?

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:53pm

Complex interpolation in pattrstorage?

So I’m using the interpolation feature as a ‘macro’ type control in my patch. Now I’d like to have the relationship between the parameters being changed not be so linear (even though most start/stop different places).

I’m thinking of having a linear (or exponential) general curve, with some ‘drunk-like’ ebbs/flows.

Is the best way to do this to make a bunch of tables and then paste them in to the pattrstorage window?
If my parameters are from 0. to 1. and I use a table thats 128/128, does it interpolate between the table values?

Any other approaches to having complex interpolation?

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:24pm

I think if you use tables it specifies you have to name them so you can reference the correct table for the parameter. It also says they should be 100×100 and not have scripting names I think. I am considering this approach for fine tuning of the interpolation for different parameters in my patch. There is a default exponential mode too.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:32pm

Oh right, so I create a table elsewhere, then just tell it what table I want to use?

The exponential implementation in scale always jams me up (I usually want to do the inversion of what’s possible), so I end up remapping variables another way. I actually use this handy patch a ton:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I need to brush up on my tables as I never really used them in my patching before (ie generating a table out of any of those things in the patch above).

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:14pm

Ok this works.

Make a 100×100 table, draw a line, then muck about with it a bit, and in pattrstorage tell it what table to use, and it interpolates the bits in between the table’s 100×100 points.

Now to make a bunch of wiggly tables!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.