Forums > MaxMSP

Composing in Max using Reason

April 10, 2009 | 12:41 am

hello guys, i know that probably this topic has been going on and on and on but

i have Max/MSP 4.5 for PC and i have Reason 4.0 for PC and by the time that i try to connect them together using rewire nothing happens.

a friend of mine told me that after we select the DSP options to ad_rewire it should appear straight away on the Advanced Control (in Reason) the option to change for Bus A: MaxMSP 1 (or something like that) but nothing changes.

i tried to use the object rewire, and close and open reason and in fact it says there: "Rewire slave mode" on top of the mixer but thats it :S

nothing changes on the other option. Sad

could you guys please help me with this?

April 10, 2009 | 2:26 am

hello,

Try to use MIDIYoke to send MIDI data from MAX to REASON. and define that on the REASON preferences menu, and on MAX midiout object. If you want to use the Machines on REASON.

Luis Marques

April 10, 2009 | 10:42 am

Luis Marques? és portugues? heheh

by the way i’m gonna try to install it

thnks very much

April 10, 2009 | 2:54 pm

i have already done it and it keeps not working.

ok fine, i already have the option to select midi yoke 1 in reason, but even selecting that and the midi clock sync, the only thing i can do is using notein, making my keyboard responde to max msp, however what i wanted to do it would be making the notes in maxmsp (generated by the combination of makenote plus noteout) being played in reason.

what kind of configuration should i do using midiout object, because i used it combining with notein (for the midi can go straight into the note) but it keeps not working.

could u kindly help me once again with this?

April 10, 2009 | 7:15 pm

http://www.cycling74.com/story/2006/12/15/161329/34

all you need to know. just read it carefully and follow the instructions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)