Forums > MaxMSP

compressed max paste into max runtime?

December 12, 2011 | 3:32 pm

is it possible to open compressed max script from a forum post, in max runtime?

basically, i have a day job. i can not view max patches until i get home where max is installed)… At work i have runtime and would like to be able to at leat view the patch during the day.

help anyone?

December 12, 2011 | 4:32 pm

This made me smile – does your boss know :)

I’ve often thought about this myself, when I’m away from my own PC, but there’s no Edit/Paste or Copy from Clipboard options in the RT menus, so I guess not.

Brendan

December 12, 2011 | 5:54 pm

By defitinition the runtime does not allow editing, and since this operation would be a form of editing the answer is "no."

December 12, 2011 | 7:25 pm

It would be helpful to be able to just view a graphic of the patch from the compressed code. A button on the forum to "view graphic" of compressed code would be nice. I think a lot of people read forums on handheld devices these days and many of the posts don’t make sense unless you can see the patch.

December 12, 2011 | 10:43 pm

david – thats what im sayin.

brendan – ha. yes. i thought someone would find the way i wrote my request, humorous… much like many folks i can imagine, max is much more amusing and engaging than my day job.

stringtapper – thanks for the reply. appreciated.

thanks guys.

December 13, 2011 | 3:56 am

This has been suggested many times….some JavaScript that could unzip the patch on the fly, parse the JSON enough to display the layout….would be incredibly handy

December 13, 2011 | 4:41 pm

Amen to that. I can no longer use Max at work since the Network Meanies installed some spyware on my machine (blame Adobe, apparently), and I miss being able to look at forum patches during the day.
A graphical alternative would be neat,
cheers
Roger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)