Forums > Max For Live

Congratulations to Cycling ’74 for the first birthday of Max for Live

November 23, 2010 | 9:30 pm

Today – November 23 2010 – it’s one year ago that Max for Live was officially released. I bought it the same evening and have used it as the main vehicle for my sound experiments ever since.

Although there are some issues with latency and sending midi to audio devices and vice versa Ableton Live and C’74 MFL have proved to be a very strong team, even living 4000 miles apart.

As I learned more of Max and MSP I’ve been able to create almost any device I wanted.

Congratulations to the people of Cycling ’74 for this beautiful software. Keep up the good work.

X.

November 23, 2010 | 9:47 pm

a cheers from myself also, well done cycling ’74 and ableton.

lewis edwards
——
smokingbunny.co.uk

November 23, 2010 | 9:56 pm

Good call!

Happy birthday Max for Live !!

Fully seconded by me as well. Congratulations you guys (maybe we should "cross forum" post a bit, since its also Ableton which owns a piece of the pie so to speak) :-)

I dove in a bit later; my whole Live experience started almost one year ago (5/12 I got an official demo license, I ordered an APC & Live approx. 2 – 3 days later 7 – 8 december last year. The full upgrade was a few days after that) yet right from the start did I got seriously tempted to grab Max for Live. And I didn’t know zip about Max at that time, only what the Ableton page told me.

20/12 last year it became official for me and I’m as much excited about it today as I was back then. Right now I simply cannot imagine using Live without Max, the impact really is that big. Not saying I use M4L on a daily basis (its close though) but when looking at the things it does for me its definitely something I wouldn’t want to miss out on.

Again, congrats you guys on a very well put together setup!

Up to the next year!

November 23, 2010 | 10:23 pm

I had the beta for a while before launch day but it was so buggy i only managed to get it working one day before release, it promised so much that i dove straight in, i remember sitting with my credit card hoping it’d go through first time….

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Cheers
D

November 23, 2010 | 11:03 pm

same here, was buggy as hell, but gave a great insight into what they wanted to do. lovely. :D

November 23, 2010 | 11:59 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks! As with all software (hopefully), it is a work in progress, but your contributions have gone a long way in making it a much better product.

-Ben

November 24, 2010 | 1:19 am

Congrats indeed! My two favorite pieces of software combined. Happy Birthday!

April 22, 2012 | 2:15 pm

I hope we can see an official release of Max 6 for Live sometime soon. Would love to update my public-release projects to use some of the new objects, but holding back until all the Max For Live only users get the Max 6 features.

April 23, 2012 | 2:49 pm

My guess is that we won’t see this until the next version of Live is released.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)