Control Reason sliders from Max

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:32am

Control Reason sliders from Max

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to control REASON sliders and effects from MAX/MSP The question is, once I have and slider in MAX,
how can I associate it to REASON, in order that MAX’s slider controls REASON’s parameters.

I thounght that may be, via Edit Remote Override Mapping option in REASON , which is associated to each controllable thing. The problem is that I don’t knowhow to associate sliders in MAX with these controls in Reason.

(My reason preferences are set as follows: keyboard and control surfaces: from MAX/MSP, advanced control: all marked with “from MAX/MSP)

I’d appreciate any kind of help. Thank you! Sabina.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:47am

Check out the MIDI Implementation Charts provided with Reason’s Documentation. It has a breakdown of the MIDI controller number, and the name of the parameter for each device in Reason. I’m not on my computer that has Reason, so I can’t double check this, but use a [ctlout] with the proper arguments/messages to send out “from MaxMSP,” and then you need to route the messages with the “REASON Hardware Device” at the top of the rack window in Reason.

I would be more specific if I could double check these things, but with all those things you ought to be able to figure it out.

Here is a google search for the Reason MIDI implementation charts, and has results for various versions of Reason:

https://www.google.com/search?q=reason+MIDI+implementation+charts&oq=reason+MIDI+implementation+charts&sugexp=chrome,mod=1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.