Forums > MaxMSP

Controling a E-MU 1820 with MaxMSP

June 23, 2006 | 10:00 am

Hello,

I want to use a E-MU 1820 with Max/MSP to controle eight sound channels.
I have heard that it is possible when I install the proper drivers. (ASIO or maybe re-wire). Does any one has the right drivers or knows where I can find them?

Please let me know!

Thanx,

Thijs

June 23, 2006 | 10:18 am

yeah, max is the gods tool for handling midi/audio devices.

June 23, 2006 | 11:17 am

Quote: binez0r wrote on Fri, 23 June 2006 12:18
—————————————————-
> yeah, max is the gods tool for handling midi/audio devices.
—————————————————-

Funny: on the email I received, I read "handling midi devices", (so I though that I should answer and precise that the emu is also for audio) but on the forum, I see "handling midi _slash_ audio devices"… As I exceptionnaly have to use a web interface for the mail, it may be the reason why it doesn’t display correctly (or did somebody correct the answer on the forum?).

Anyway, about the initial question: as long as you work on Windows, you can do what you asked for, the drivers can be downloaded from emu’s website.
For Macs, I’m afraid emu doesn’t provide any driver…

p

June 23, 2006 | 11:20 am

I corrected it :P I got mixed up and thought the emu 1820 was a sampler (as most emu things are)… sorry :/

binez0r

June 23, 2006 | 11:23 am

Quote: Patrick Delges wrote on Fri, 23 June 2006 13:17
—————————————————-
> Quote: binez0r wrote on Fri, 23 June 2006 12:18
> —————————————————-
> > yeah, max is the gods tool for handling midi/audio devices.
> —————————————————-
>
> Funny: on the email I received, I read "handling midi devices", (so I though that I should answer and precise that the emu is also for audio) but on the forum, I see "handling midi _slash_ audio devices"… As I exceptionnaly have to use a web interface for the mail, it may be the reason why it doesn’t display

I discovered it is possible to edit messages in the forum, but the changes are not reflected on the email list, which may probably be the best solution.

p

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)