Forums > Dev

controling Parallel port on XP or Mac

January 31, 2007 | 5:10 am

Hi
I want to send a small pulse wave (or just a number 1) via the Parallel Port on my PC or the latest intel iMac via usb to parallel adaptor.
I know there’s a object like ‘serial’, but is there the same kind of object for Parallel Port?
Please help me.

thanks
yamada


February 2, 2007 | 2:24 pm

Hi

I’m looking for the same! and i found it at Maxobjects.com

[staalport]

but…

the link do not work!

If someone has the object, please send it to here as an attachment, so we can download it!

Sory about using your post to re-ask for the object!

Thanks for your time!


February 2, 2007 | 9:14 pm

Rui Fernando Caldas wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m looking for the same! and i found it at Maxobjects.com
>
> [staalport]
>
> but…
>
> the link do not work!
>
> If someone has the object, please send it to here as an attachment, so we can download it!

It’s here:

http://www.akustische-kunst.org/maxmsp/download/staalport-1.0test3.zip

Olaf


February 2, 2007 | 10:10 pm

Thanks for your help….

now lets party!


February 3, 2007 | 4:03 am

Thank you, Olaf.

I installed it to my PC,but when I used help for your ‘staalport’ object, suddenly max crushed, and I don’t know how to use.
Where should I put staalport.help file? Is it the same directory as staal.mxe itself?

thanks
yamada


February 3, 2007 | 10:28 am

Ryohei wrote:
> Thank you, Olaf.
>
> I installed it to my PC,but when I used help for your ‘staalport’ object, suddenly max crushed, and I don’t know how to use.
> Where should I put staalport.help file? Is it the same directory as staal.mxe itself?

You have to install the driver first which you can find in the /drv
folder. Check the readme (it’s referring to the cvin external, but same
story here), there it says how to istall the driver. Then it should work.

Olaf


February 3, 2007 | 1:37 pm

I’m starting to get the impression that there is no existing way to get the
time tags from SDIF files as a set of numbers in Max. Once i confirm this
to a reasonable degree of certainty, i’m thinking about trying to program a
custom external object to accomplish this task, if nobody who already is
experienced in programming externals is interested in creating such an
object or in the project that i want to use it for (description of this
project is here:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=24211&start=0&rid=4977&S=45b8c13f6614f1bd9802dd840e618351 )

I took a class in c++ programming years ago, and my friend who’s a
programmer is willing to help me a bit with this project if i wind up having
to do it… when i described what i want this program to do, she said that
it shouldn’t be too complicated. Can anyone recommend a resource/guide/info
about how to program externals, and/or some guides that can help me get up
to speed in c/c++ or java (or whatever languages that externals can be
programmed in) enough to program the simple external that i described above?

Thanks, any help is appreciated


February 3, 2007 | 2:37 pm

On 3-Feb-2007, at 14:37, Erik Bowen wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a resource/guide/info about how to program
> externals

The SDK. Really.

Download it, read the documentation, study the examples.

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


February 3, 2007 | 2:54 pm

Thanks, I didn’t know that this existed, and wouldn’t have found it myself
b/c i wouldn’t have known what words to search under.

—– Original Message —–
From: "Peter Castine"

To:
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [dev] Creating external objects

> On 3-Feb-2007, at 14:37, Erik Bowen wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a resource/guide/info about how to program
>> externals
>
> The SDK. Really.
>
> Download it, read the documentation, study the examples.
>
>
>
> ————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
> Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
> Universal Binaries on the way
> iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
> Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
> Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
> http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de
>
>


February 4, 2007 | 12:10 pm

Olaf

I found cyboxLPT.sys, but I couldnt find the readme file.
And what is the cyboxLPT.exe for ? There seems no prescription file in the ‘drv’ directory.

thanks
yamada


February 4, 2007 | 12:24 pm

Ryohei wrote:
> Olaf
>
> I found cyboxLPT.sys, but I couldnt find the readme file.
> And what is the cyboxLPT.exe for ? There seems no prescription file in the ‘drv’ directory.

It seems the readme is missing in the zip… okay, here’s the
instruction how to install the driver:

1. Double-click the "Add/Remove Hardware Wizard" applet in Control Panel.
2. Select "Add/Troubleshoot a Device".
3. Select "Add a new device".
4. Select "No, I Want to Select the Hardware from a list".
5. Select "Audio-, Video and Game controller" and then click Next.
6. Click "Have Disk" and point to the directory that contains
cvboxLPT.inf file.

Olaf


February 4, 2007 | 8:44 pm

Hi

The driver works fine in XP Pro but do not work in XP 64Bit edition!

that is obvius!

There are some driver for XP64 OS?


February 4, 2007 | 8:55 pm

Rui Fernando Caldas wrote:
> Hi
>
> The driver works fine in XP Pro but do not work in XP 64Bit edition!
>
> that is obvius!
>
> There are some driver for XP64 OS?

No idea, sorry. – I made my own, would probably take making a new one
for 64bit… If you sponsor me a machine with XP64 on it I’d probably do
it.

Olaf


February 6, 2007 | 9:42 am

olaf

hi
Though I installed the driver the way you said, staalport help didn’t work, and when I clicked held for staalport, max crushed again. There seems some problem but I don’t know what it is.
Can you upload staalport help as a patch file? without reading help file I really don’t know how to use it.

thanks,
yamada


February 6, 2007 | 6:07 pm

Hi

Here is how i instal the driver!

1. Copy cvboxLPT.sys to c:windowsSystem32Drivers
2. Right-click on cvboxLPT.inf and choose install
3. same for Kopie von cvboxLPT.inf (don’t know if it’s needed)
4. (Click-Click) on cvboxLPT.exe and press start
4.1. leave cvboxLPT running!

5. Copy staalport.mxe to C:Program FilesCommon FilesCycling ’74externals

reboot (if you want!)

6. (Click-Click) on staalport.help

7. enjoy!

note. Only on 32bit windows OS
note. You have allways to perform step 4 & 4.1 to use the driver!


February 6, 2007 | 6:20 pm

Rui Fernando Caldas wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here is how i instal the driver!
>
> 1. Copy cvboxLPT.sys to c:windowsSystem32Drivers
> 2. Right-click on cvboxLPT.inf and choose install
> 3. same for Kopie von cvboxLPT.inf (don’t know if it’s needed)

It’s not neede, just abackup copy (i.e. old version)…

> 4. (Click-Click) oncvboxLPT.exe and press start
> 4.1. leave cvboxLPT running!

Alternatively you could set the drivers start method in control pannel
to ‘automatic’ or something (don’t know exactly how they call it on
English Windows).

Olaf


August 19, 2013 | 4:05 am

Hi,

I can’t find the staalport object anywhere, it seems the website is not working anymore.

Can anyone send it to me?

Thanks in advance

Mário


Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)